Double Taxation on Jukebox Music Sales Revenue Eliminated!!
We are delighted to advise you that Governor Walker has signed into law SB 300,
which eliminates the double taxation on jukebox music sales revenue!
The WAMO Legislative Committee worked hard on the profession's behalf to achieve this victory,
which is estimated to save the membership over $230,000 a year. Actions taken by Legislative Committee members included:
- Attending several public hearings at the State Capitol.
- Negotiating our position with DOR officials.
- Meeting with legislators.
- Participating in political fundraisers around the state.
This legislative success is also attributable to all of our members who donated to the WAMO conduit,
personally contacted their legislators, and attended political fundraisers. It is very satisfying to see
legislators responsive to you, their constituents!
Because our legislation extended into 2016, WAMO members are encouraged to seek their tax professional's guidance regarding:
- AMI's legal actions and decision to "charge and collect taxes on jukebox transactions until a final,
non-appealable determination has been made." (See AMI's letter.)
- How the positive changes made in Wisconsin Act 251 that eliminates the double taxation on jukebox revenue affect you.
Please contact the WAMO office if you have any questions or would like additional information.