Recognizing the fact that in the conduct of our
business, no individual or concern in any community can act
regardless of his neighbors and competitors, and that while the
spirit of competition has been so deeply imbedded within each
human being as to cause it to enter into, and influence, every
transaction; but at the same time believing there are methods
of competition which are clean, honorable and legitimate,
whereby we can compete without wronging others and without
demoralizing the business in which we are engaged, we do pledge
our full support to the following Code of Ethics:
1. We believe that our industry is honorable and that we provide
a valuable and necessary service to the public. We are ever
mindful of the part that our industry plays in the life of our
2. We recognize that our industry has a responsibility to maintain
the highest possible standards in order to serve the public to the
best of our ability.
3. We shall always deal fairly with our customers. We shall handle
all complaints courteously, admitting errors or mistakes and shall
make adjustments cheerfully and promptly.
4. We shall cooperate with all public officials and government
agencies in every proper way and shall comply with all laws and
regulations pertaining to our business. We shall maintain an
active interest in civic affairs and in matters pertaining to the
5. We recognize fair and ethical competition as a means of making
our industry more efficient and stimulates the greatest possible
service to the public. We shall constantly recognize and respect
the rights of competition and shall use fair methods and practices
in our efforts to promote business.
6. We shall always be mindful of the services that the trade members
of our industry provide and shall treat them and their employees
with respect, dignity and courtesy. We shall meet all obligations
promptly in accordance with recognized and established credit
7. We shall employ people of good reputation and skill and shall
compensate them fairly and adequately according to their individual
abilities and skills. And, furthermore, shall provide time for
training programs and opportunities for advancement, where possible,
and safeguards for the prevention of injuries and accidents.
We shall provide healthful and pleasant physical and moral
surroundings and shall be constantly alert to the needs, welfare
and happiness of each employee.
8. We shall faithfully execute all contracts to conduct our
business and affairs in such a manner so as to gain the confidence
and respect of fellow operators, customers, manufacturers, trade members
and the general public.
9. We shall faithfully analyze the needs and requirements of
locations and recommend the equipment best suited to these needs.
We shall at all times deal fairly and justly with the locations and
condemn all forms of practices which tend to discredit the industry
or injure its public relations.
10. We shall always conduct our business in a manner that will
reflect the very highest citizenship, in accordance with the Bylaws
of the Wisconsin Amusement and Music Operators, and actively support
a program of public relations for the industry.